Most marketers would agree that social media marketing is one of the more exciting parts of our job. It's new, growing and best of all, has low costs, which offers us the potential of huge ROI.
The problem is that the novelty phase of social media is coming to an end and we're now faced with the tough questions:
• What is the goal of our social media marketing program?
• What is the ROI?
• Does our social media marketing generate quality leads?
• What metrics should we follow to measure the success of our social marketing?
• How does our social marketing integrate with other tactics like email and search?
• Why should we invest time and resources in social media marketing?
• Are we doing the right things in social media marketing?