Thursday, July 10, 2008

Check Your Gas Station's Calculations

I just got back from filling up at the gas station. I filled my tank with 22.5 gal. But, the problem was that my tank on my Honda only holds 20.3 gal. I went in to talk to the manager and he said that the pumps were calibrated by the state and that he couldn't do too much. I said 'Whoa, something isn't right here!' He tried to tell me that the bad weather yesterday caused the pumps to pump slow and might be off calibration.

I then told him that was not my problem and that I was being charged for 4 or 5 gal. that I didn't get. He then told the cashier to give me a $10.00 gift card for the possible error. I was about to tell him that I was going to call the TV station and put his A--- on the 6:00 news.

Here is how to check a pump to see if you are getting the right amount of fuel for your dollar:

Whichever grade of fuel you are using, put EXACTLY 10 GALLONS in your tank, then look at the dollar amount. The dollar amount shoul d be EXACTLY 10 times the price of the fuel you have chosen, if not, then the pump is rigged.

It doesn't matter where you pump gas, please check the 10-gallon price. If you do find a station that is cheating, contact the proper authorities in your state.

No comments: